Friday, Feb. 14: At approximately 3:23 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Brook Park residence where a garage door opener outlet was smoking. The breaker was tripped. The firefighters unplugged the opener.

Saturday, Feb. 15: At approximately 11:17 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Lakeview Drive in Comfort Township. A home had a gas leak. Upon speaking to the homeowner they found that Center Point Energy had been called and they accidentally dispatched the fire department instead of a service tech. The homeowner requested that the gas be left on and was advised not to occupy the home until the gas tech arrived and inspected the situation.

Saturday, Feb. 29: At approximately 8:37 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Highway 65 in Ford Township where a vehicle was on fire. The firefighters used 522 gallons of water to put out the fire. The owner was sleeping in the vehicle, woke up to the smell of smoke but could not extinguish it. He insisted he was alright and suffered no smoke inhalation, burns or other injuries.

Saturday, March 7: At approximately 4:56 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Olympic St. in Brook Park where a shed was fully engulfed in fire. The firefighters extinguished the blaze with 506 gallons of water using a bumper line. They also removed the tin framework to soak the wood. The breaker was tripped cutting off power to the home. East Central Electric came and fixed the wire to restore power to the home.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.