Saturday, July 18: At approximately 12:13 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to 221st Avenue in Knife Lake Township to put out a grass fire in a ditch caused by a lightning strike. By the time they arrived the fire was only smoldering so they were able to extinguish it with minimal water.
Saturday, July 18: At approximately 1:52 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Keystone Park in Mora where a pine tree was on fire after being struck by lightning. The firefighters extinguished it with water.
Monday, July 20: At approximately 3:52 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to North Mora Estates on Fair Avenue in Mora to investigate a gas odor. The crew entered the residence with full PPE and a gas meter. No gas was detected. The resident thought one of the knobs on the stove was on and checked them before leaving the home to call the fire department. The home was ventilated by opening all the windows. After several minutes the MAFD entered the home again and found no gas detected on the meters. The scene was cleared.
Saturday, Aug. 1: At approximately 1:49 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Pine Ridge Road in Arthur Township where a smoker was burning in a garage. Upon arrival the MAFD extinguished the fire with an extinguisher. They then removed the burned smoker and other items from the garage and ventilated the garage with fans. The crew used a camera to search for hotspots and found nothing.
Sunday, Aug. 2: At approximately 7:04 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Knife Lake Township to give a lift assist by request from Welia