Friday, Sept. 25: At approximately 8:38 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Kanabec County Public Services in Mora. The Zone 4 sprinkler went off, but it was a false alarm. The call was canceled when the firefighters arrived at the scene.
Saturday, Oct. 3: At approximately 4:40 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to South Wood St. in Mora to an apartment unit. The supply line to the gas meter was disconnected. The MAFD smelled and could hear gas emitting near the gas meter. All residents of the apartment dwelling were safely outside the building. Upon investigation MAFD noticed that the small supply copper line was disconnected from the threads and flowing freely outside the residents’ entryway door. MAFD used a gas meter to check the remaining two units and found no discrepancy. Unaffected units were informed they could return to their apartments and primary unit was vented using a fan. Utility company arrived and was given a summary of events.
Sunday, Oct. 4: At approximately 6:46 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Oslin Road to investigate a gas leak. The gas line behind the stove had no cap and was accidentally left on. The propane tank was turned off.
Wednesday, Oct. 7: At approximately 5:03 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Hwy 70 in Peace Township. An empty vehicle was on fire in a field. The vehicle’s fuel line had ruptured and ignited the car on fire.
Thursday, Oct. 8: At approximately 5:28 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Knife Lake Township to give Welia a lift assist. The crew used a moving blanket to move the patient from their home to the ambulance.
Saturday, Oct. 10: At approximately 4:05 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Peace Township to fight a large fire in heavy, young timber over 43 acres. They worked with DNR forestry to extinguish the blaze.
Sunday, Oct. 11: At approximately 9:10 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Peace Township to find two vehicles that were on fire. 975 gallons of water were used to extinguish the blaze. Engine 1 hit a deer but no damage was done to the truck.
Thursday, Oct. 15: At approximately 6:40 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Hwy 65 in Knife Lake Township to find a copper line going to a propane tank was leaking at the fitting hooking it up to the tank. They shut off the propane tank and advised occupant to call Federated Co-op.