Wednesday, Nov. 24: At approximately 8:21 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Hwy 65 and 240th to give assistance to the sheriff’s office for traffic control  at the scene of a car accident.

Thursday, Dec. 2: At approximately 6:36 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Peace Township to give aid in a fatal car crash. The MAFD extracted the victim from the car and then remained on the scene to assist with traffic control.

Thursday, Dec. 9: At approximately 11:43 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Brunswick Township where a garage was fully engulfed in flame. The fire spread to the home and attic. Smoke infiltrated the entire house. A cat was saved from the basement and the Red Cross was called.

Monday, Dec. 13: At approximately 1:09 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Knife Lake Township a Century Link communication box was fully engulfed in a road right of way. The fire was extinguished with water.

Wednesday, Dec. 15: At approximately 6:59 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Northman Dr. where an outlet was reported as hot. The MAFD checked the temperature of the outlet, turned off the breaker and made sure the heat was leaving the area. The homeowners were advised to consult an electrition to check the situation before  turning the breaker back on.

Wednesday, Dec. 15: At approximately 6:02 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to 180th and Plum St.  where a rollover occurred to give mutual aid to the Kanabec County Sheriff’s Office.

Wednesday, Dec. 15: At approximately 7:30 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Jade St. in Knife Lake Township to find a shed and camper on fire.

Saturday, Dec. 18: At approximately 2:35 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Kwik Trip because of a report of a gas smell. The MAFD used gas meters to conduct an inspection. None of the meters indicated anything abnormal. The gas company had been alerted and were enroute. The MAFD turned the site over to Kwik Trip and recommended they work with the gas company to determine if anything further should be done.

Tuesday, Dec. 21: At approximately 2:09 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Welia Hospital to give mutual aid for decontamination of patients with possible chlorine exposure at another location. The MAFD assisted with the water wash down of the contaminated patients.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.