Wednesday, Aug. 25: At approximately 4:17 p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Commercial Plastics in Mora where a water flow alarm was going off. They worked with the site supervisors to inspect the panel. The supervisors determined it was a false alarm/equipment malfunction. The site staff ensured there were no visible emergencies.

Saturday, Aug. 28: At approximately 11:30 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Commercial Plastics where an alarm was going off all day and the phone was constantly ringing. They entered through an open door and searched the northeast building. No smoke, fire or signs of water flow were detected. No employees of Commercial Plastics came to follow up with.

Saturday, Aug. 28: At approximately 8:05 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Park Forest Estates on Park St. where an alarm was sounding and residents were evacuated. The MAFD found a broken sensor in the first floor mechanical room that appeared to have been glued at one point and was missing a connection tab. The alarm was silenced and then reset. The MAFD  instructed the assistant manager to call the fire protection company to address the broken sensor.

Sunday, Aug. 29: At approximately 9:52 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Commercial Plastics where the fire alarm was sounding. The alarm panel showed three zones with a fault. The crews walked through both buildings and found no smoke or fire.

Tuesday, Aug. 31: At approximately 5:51  a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to MinMor DBA Olympac where a fire alarm was sounding. The building was checked no fire was found.

Monday, Sept. 6: At approximately 11:53  a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Village Green Place where a gas odor was noticed outside the home. The MAFD searched inside and out for a possible cause. The homeowner was advised to call the gas company to have her system checked.

Sunday, Sept. 12: At approximately 12:55 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Plum St. where a vehicle was fully engulfed in flames. The fire was extinguished with water. No owner or responsible party was found and no VIN or license plate were found.

Saturday, Oct. 2: At approximately 6:48 a.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Commercial Plastics where the fire alarm was sounding. The MAFD inspected the building and found no cause for the alarm.

Thursday, Oct. 14: At approximately 3:18  p.m. the Mora Area Fire Department was called to Arthur Township where some hay bales were on fire. The pile of hay was pushed with a loader and sprayed with water. Ogilvie Fire Department assisted with two tankers of water.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.