PROCEEDINGS OF THE COUNTY BOARD
State of Minnesota
County of Kanabec
Office of the County Coordinator
Synopsis of the County Board Minutes of 11/2/21 in pursuance of M.S.375.12 Subd.1.
1. The Kanabec County Board of Commissioners met at 9 a.m. on 11/2/21 pursuant to adjournment with the following board members present: Gene Anderson, Rick Mattson, Dennis McNally, Craig Smith, Les Nielsen.
2. Carried unanimously to approve the agenda as presented.
3. Carried unanimously to approve the 10/19/21 minutes as presented.
4. Carried unanimously to approve the following paid claims:
Braham Public Schools 47,954.79
East Central School District 15,920.27
Hinckley-Finlayson Schools 17,670.51
Isle Public Schools 12,671.65
Kanabec Co 111,019.29
Kanabec Co Aud/Treas 8,117.13
Milaca Public Schools 4,962.79
Mora Public Schools 1,075,539.08
Ogilvie Public Schools 149,761.01
7 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 4,378.40
5. Carried unanimously to approve the following claims on the funds indicated:
Metropolitan Mechanical 21,962.22
Northern Natural Gas 5,694.00
Northland Trust Svcs 915,982.50
Ramsey Co 4,891.00
Summit Food Svc Mgmt 7,484.47
57 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 24,199.58
Road & Bridge
Brock White Co 2,493.68
Morton Salt 7,220.75
Northern Lines 129,777.24
18 claims < $2,000 were paid from the R&B Fund 8,287.46
6. Carried unanimously to recess the meeting at 9:14 a.m. to a time immediately following the Community Health Board.
7. Carried unanimously to approve the Community Health Board Agenda as presented.
8. Carried unanimously to appoint Farrah Gajewski as the Performance Improvement Manager.
9. Carried unanimously to approve the payment of 93 claims totaling $55,219.40 on Community Health Funds.
10. Carried unanimously to adjourn the Community Health Board at 9:43 a.m.
11. Carried unanimously to accept the 2021 job description reevaluations.
12. Carried unanimously to accept changes to the following job descriptions: Deputy Sheriff, Investigator, Deputy Sergeant, Administrative Sergeant, Veteran Service Officer, Coordinator Administrative Assistant, HR Specialist, Environmental Services Supervisor.
13. Carried unanimously to rescind Res#14-10/19/21.
14. Carried unanimously to approve the 2022 Health Insurance Renewal with PEIP.
15. Carried unanimously to approve the 2022 Local 363 Health Insurance Renewal.
16. Carried unanimously to approve selling Vehicle Pool Unit #124.
17. Nielsen introduced a consent agenda including the following actions: Approve the Application for Exempt Permit for Pheasants Forever for a raffle event to be held at Pheasant Ridge on 11/28/21. Approve the following claims on SCORE Funds: Waste Mgmt $1,038.72, Quality Disposal $5,767.20, Arthur Twp $500. The motion was seconded by McNally and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, Smith, Nielsen. OPPOSED: McNally. The motion passed.
18. Carried unanimously to authorize the Chairperson to sign a letter of support on behalf of the Kanabec County Board for ECE’s potential broadband project.
19. Carried unanimously to reduce the minimum bid for PID 23.00350.00 to $40,000.
20. Carried unanimously to adjust the minimum bid for PID 15.00450.30 to $150,000.
10:28 a.m. – The Chairperson called for public comment. Those that responded included: Charlie Strickland – Comments regarding the abandonment of Hornet St in Hillman Twp.
10:32 a.m. – The Chairperson closed public comment.
21. Nielsen introduced a motion to hire a Full Time Computer Tech. Mattson seconded and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, McNally, Nielsen. OPPOSED: Smith. The motion passed.
22. Nielsen introduced a motion to approve sending the Computer Tech II job description for evaluation. Mattson seconded and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, McNally, Nielsen. OPPOSED: Smith. The motion passed.
23. Carried unanimously to accept the low quote of $12,004 submitted by CWTechnology to replace the current wireless system.
24. Carried unanimously to table the agreement with the U of M for providing extension programs locally and employing extension staff.
25. Carried unanimously to authorize the Co Aud/Treas to process the 2021 MCIT dividend payment.
26. Carried unanimously to close the meeting at 12:34 p.m.
27. Carried unanimously to re-open the meeting at 1:04 .m.
28. Carried unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 1:11 p.m.
To view the official minutes in their entirety, please contact the Kanabec County Coordinator’s Office at 320-679-6440 or visit our website at www.kanabeccounty.org.
Published in the Kanabec County Times Nov. 25, 2021