PROCEEDINGS OF THE COUNTY BOARD
State of Minnesota
County of Kanabec
Office of the County Coordinator
Synopsis of the County Board Minutes of 10/19/21 in pursuance of M.S.375.12 Subd.1.
1. The Kanabec County Board of Commissioners met at 9 a.m. on 10/19/21 pursuant to adjournment with the following board members present: Gene Anderson, Rick Mattson, Dennis McNally, Craig Smith, Les Nielsen.
2. Carried unanimously to approve the agenda as presented.
3. Carried unanimously to approve the 10/5/21 minutes as presented.
4. Carried unanimously to approve the following paid claims:
Kanabec Co Aud HRA 6,000.00
Kwik Trip 11,061.38
MN Dept of Finance 5,603.50
MN Energy Resources 7,854.74
15 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 11,061.13
5. Carried unanimously to approve the following claims on the funds indicated:
Axon Enterprise 2,876.99
Summit Food Svc Mgmt 7,725.06
66 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 25,711.53
Road & Bridge Fund
Auto Value 2,671.35
M-R Sign 44,567.92
Power Plan 3,285.00
Widseth Smith Nolting 3,606.50
23 claims < $2,000 were paid from the R&B Fund 10,463.84
6. Carried unanimously to recess the meeting at 9:03 a.m. to a time immediately following the Family Services Board.
7. Carried unanimously to approve the Family Services Board Agenda as presented.
8. Carried unanimously to approve a consulting agreement with Amelia Opager for expert witness services.
9. Carried unanimously to approve an amendment to the Children’s Mental Health Respite Services Grant.
10. Carried unanimously to approve the payment of 115 claims totaling $205,304.93 on Welfare Funds.
11. Carried unanimously to adjourn Family Services Board at 9:26 a.m.
12. Carried unanimously to approve the Establishment of a Merit System of Personnel Administration.
13. Nielsen introduced a motion to approve a lease agreement with Nemeth Orthodontics for FY 2022. Smith seconded and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, Smith, Nielsen. OPPOSED: McNally. The motion passed.
14. Mattson introduced a motion to proclaim October 2021 as MN Manufacturing Month in Kanabec Co. Nielsen seconded and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, Smith, Nielsen. OPPOSED: McNally. The motion passed.
10:30 a.m. – The Chairperson called for public comment. Those that responded included:
Micah Rogers – Thank you to Commissioners and invitation to Friendship Church.
10:32 a.m. – The Chairperson closed public comment.
15. Carried unanimously to reject the 2021 renewal from MN PEIP and sign a 2 year contract with MN Healthcare Consortium for employee health insurance.
16. Carried unanimously to approve a consent agenda including all of the following actions: Renew Long Term Disability Insurance Contract with The Hartford. Approve agreement with Health Partners for voluntary dental insurance. Renew the Short Term Disability Insurance Contract with Dearborn National. Renew a voluntary Vision Insurance Plan with VSP. Renew Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Hospital Insurance with Cigna.
17. Carried unanimously to bring the revisions to Ordinance #11 to a public hearing for further consideration.
18. Carried unanimously to approve the repurchase request for PID 21.00440.00.
19. Carried unanimously to approve the repurchase request for PID 01.00445.00.
20. Carried unanimously to set the minimum bids for the tax forfeited property sale.
21. Carried unanimously to reduce the minimum bid amounts by 50% for tax forfeited parcels that were previously offered for sale.
22. Carried unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 11:57 a.m.
To view the official minutes in their entirety, please contact the Kanabec County Coordinator’s Office at 320-679-6440 or visit our website at www.kanabeccounty.org.
Published in the Kanabec County Times Nov. 11, 2021