PROCEEDINGS OF THE COUNTY BOARD
State of Minnesota
County of Kanabec
Office of the County Coordinator
Synopsis of the County Board Minutes of 10/5/21 in pursuance of M.S.375.12 Subd.1.
1. The Kanabec County Board of Commissioners met at 9 a.m. on 10/5/21 pursuant to adjournment with the following board members present: Gene Anderson, Rick Mattson, Dennis McNally, Craig Smith, Les Nielsen.
2. Carried unanimously to approve the agenda as amended.
3. Carried unanimously to approve the 9/21/21 minutes as presented.
4. Carried unanimously to approve the following paid claims:
Health Partners 6,448.00
Kanabec Co Aud HRA 47,382.00
Kwik Trip 11,107.37
MN Dept of Finance 7,768.00
Sun Life 4,058.69
The Hartford 2,234.08
16 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 9,728.69
26 Claims Totaling: $266,595.75
5. Carried unanimously to recess the meeting at 9:06 a.m. to a time immediately following the Community Health Board.
6. Carried unanimously to approve the Community Health Board agenda as presented.
7. Carried unanimously to appoint Farrah Gajewski as the pre-designated substitute Home Care Administrator.
8. Carried unanimously to apply for the Youth E-Cigarette Prevention and Cessation Grant.
9. Carried unanimously to approve an agreement with Bemidji State University for Internship Training.
10. Carried unanimously to approve the payment of 77 claims totaling $41,309.18 on Community Health Funds.
11. Carried unanimously to adjourn Community Health Board at 9:33 a.m. and to meet again on 11/2/21 at 9:05 a.m.
12. Carried unanimously to approve an agreement with HR Green for Broadband Feasibility Study Consulting Services.
13. Carried unanimously to approve the following claims on the funds indicated:
Accurate Controls 149,524.77
City of Mora 41,200.80
DKN Construction 5,880.00
U of M 18,814.00
Summit Food Svc Mgmt 3,878.77
64 claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 24,527.84
Road & Bridge
MN Dept of Transportation 2,359.34
Trueman Welters 2,496.02
Brock White Co 11,037.00
Conequip Parts & Eqpt 23,600.00
Contech Engineered 27,712.00
Knife River 144,788.93
Northern Lines Contracting 1,265,718.21
23 claims < $2,000 were paid from the R&B Fund 9,893.43
14. Carried unanimously to approve the following claims on SCORE Funds: Waste Mgmt $1,212.65, Quality Disposal $3,845, Arthur Twp $500.
15. Carried unanimously to accept the quote of $14,250 by SHI for replacement of the battery backup system.
16. Carried unanimously to approve a contract with Anoka Co for juvenile detention services.
17. Carried unanimously to approve the proposed revisions to Personnel Policy P-106 as presented.
18. Carried unanimously to approve an agreement with The Hartford for employee life insurance.
19. Carried unanimously to approve the repurchase request for Parcel 12.02455.00.
10:39 a.m. – The Chairperson called for public comment. Those that responded included: Jeff Hamme, comments regarding development within shorelands. Ron Peterson, comments regarding statements made by Co Engineer during a recent Board of Adjustments hearing.
10:46 a.m. – The Chairperson closed public comment.
20. Carried unanimously to enter into a grant agreement with the MN Dept of Public Safety for traffic safety enforcement projects.
21. Carried unanimously to accept the quote of $785 per event by Premier Outdoor Services for snow removal.
22. Carried unanimously to accept the final payment of $40,609.64 for KCP 21-08-Graveling.
23. Carried unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 12:16 p.m.
To view the official minutes in their entirety, please contact the Kanabec County Coordinator’s Office at 320-679-6440 or visit our website at www.kanabeccounty.org.
Published in the Kanabec County Times Nov. 4, 2021