PROCEEDINGS OF THE COUNTY BOARD
State of Minnesota
County of Kanabec
Office of the County Coordinator
Synopsis of the County Board Minutes of 9/21/21 in pursuance of M.S.375.12 Subd.1.
1. The Kanabec County Board of Commissioners met at 9 a.m. on 9/21/21 pursuant to adjournment with the following board members present: Gene Anderson, Rick Mattson, Dennis McNally, Craig Smith, and Les Nielsen.
2. Carried unanimously to approve the agenda as presented.
3. Carried unanimously to approve the following paid claims:
Kanabec Co Aud Treas 8,195.63
MN Energy 4,862.91
5 Claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 2,911.76
4. Carried unanimously to approve the following claims on the funds indicated:
Govt Mgmt Group 3,700.00
Summit Food Svc Mgmt 7,862.05
64 Claims < $2,000 were paid from the Revenue Fund 21,914.86
Road & Bridge
Hass Construction 10,173.45
Houston Engineering 2,095.00
M-R Sign 4,010.00
21 Claims < $2,000 were paid from the R&B Fund 7,020.48
24 Claims Totaling: $23,298.93
5. Carried unanimously to recess the meeting at 9:06 a.m. to a time immediately following the Family Services Board.
6. Carried unanimously to approve the Family Services Board Agenda as presented.
7. Carried unanimously to approve the MFIP Biennial Service Agreement.
8. Carried unanimously to approve contracting with CMJTS for employment and training services.
9. Carried unanimously to approve the IV-D Cooperative Agreement for the Child Support Enforcement Program.
10. Carried unanimously to approve the revised chemical dependency treatment services agreement with Recovering Hope.
11. Carried unanimously to approve the payment of 116 claims totaling $205,325.73 on Welfare Funds.
12. Carried unanimously to adjourn Family Services Board at 9:43 a.m.
13. Carried unanimously to renew the membership with RJC-Lino for a half bed for juvenile detention.
14. Carried unanimously to approve hiring a part time Computer Tech on a temporary basis.
15. Carried unanimously to approve the 9/7/21 minutes as corrected.
16. McNally introduced a resolution to set the maximum levy and proposed preliminary budget for FY2022. Mattson seconded and the following voted: IN FAVOR: Anderson, Mattson, McNally, Nielsen. OPPOSED: Smith. The motion passed.
17. Carried unanimously to approve the Veterans Service Officer participation in QPR training.
18.Carried unanimously to approve an agreement with GMG for the preparation of indirect cost allocation plans for federal funding.
10:30 a.m. – The Chairperson called for public comment. Those that responded included: Sadie Broekemeier – comments regarding services offered by Recovering Hope and benefits they provide to the community.
10:37a.m. – The Chairperson closed public comment.
19. Carried unanimously to recess the meeting at 10:50 a.m. to a time immediately following the Drainage Authority Board.
20. Carried unanimously to call the Drainage Authority Board to order at 10:50 a.m.
21. Carried unanimously to approve the Drainage Authority Board Agenda as presented.
22. Carried unanimously to approve the 8/17/21 Drainage Authority Board Minutes as presented.
23. Carried unanimously to accept the 8/17/21 inspection reports of County Ditch No.10 and County Ditch No.2.
24. Carried unanimously to dismiss the County Ditch No.10 repair petition.
25. Carried unanimously to order a repair report to be done on County Ditch No. 2.
11:18 a.m. – The Chairperson called for public comment. Those that responded included: Chris Jahnke – Comments regarding County Ditch No.10 and the water level in Pomroy Lake.
26. Carried unanimously to adjourn the Drainage Authority Board at 11:29 a.m.
27. Carried unanimously to accept the quote of $90/ton for bituminous patching by Knife River Inc.
28. Carried unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 11:46 a.m.
To view the official minutes in their entirety, please contact the Kanabec County Coordinator’s Office at 320-679-6440 or visit our website at www.kanabeccounty.org.
Published in the Kanabec County Times Oct. 14, 2021