APPROVED MEETING MINUTES
BOARD OF EDUCATION
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 332
Mora Elementary School, Commons Area
September 23, 2021
The Regular Meeting of the Board of Education of Independent School District 332, Mora, Minnesota, was called to order by Scott Moe, Board Chair, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance and roll call. Board Members present were: Board Chair Scott Moe, Vice Chair/Treasurer Robert Woods, Clerk Tammy Bohachek, Robert Jensen, Deb Hallin and Matt Heggernes. Also present were Superintendent Dan Voce, High School Principal Brent Nelson, High School Assistant Principal Nick Bakke, Elementary Assistant Principal Jennifer Fussy, Transportation and Building & Grounds Director Chip Brandt, Finance Director Tami Hermanson, Technology Director Shane Knutson, and Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator Kelly Christianson.
Motion to approve the agenda with an amendment to the consent agenda under item G. Gifts and Donations Hockey Ipad from the Booster Club was made by Member Woods, seconded by Member Bohachek. No discussion was held. The motion passed unanimously.
Mustang Spirit recognition was presented by High School Principal Nelson to the Technology Department team.
Mustang Spirit recognition was presented by Elementary Assistant Principal Fussy to Elementary DCD Teacher Jodi Linder and the DCD paraprofessional support team.
Mustang Spirit recognition was presented by Superintendent Voce to the Mora Public Schools Teaching Staff.
Public comments were made by the following individuals during the first open forum: Jill Koch, Mora, MN; Kathy Burski, Mora, MN; Shannon Rolf, Mora, MN; Josh Evenson, Mora, MN; Frank Westling, Mora, MN; Joey Johnson, Mora, MN and Jon Rappl, Mora, MN.
Evan Lewis, Project Manager, ICS, led a powerpoint presentation of updates on the new Mora High School construction project. No further discussion was held. The full presentation is available in the District Office.
Football Coach Troy Erickson gave an update on the turf field and fundraising project. The updated informational flyer was presented to the board and is available in the District Office.
Superintendent Voce led a Back to School Updates presentation which included enrollment numbers, COVID-19 data and mitigation efforts, and the importance of families completing the application for educational benefits. The full presentation is available in the District Office.
A motion was made by Member Jensen, and seconded by Member Bohachek, to approve the Consent Agenda as amended at the beginning of the meeting:
a. Treasurer’s Report, Investment Balance, Budget Summary (To Be Placed on File for Audit)
b. Approve September Bill List
c. Approve Minutes,
● Regular Board Meeting, 07/22/2021
● Regular Board Meeting, 08/26/2021
d. Enrollment Summary
e. ECFE Monthly Report
f. Personnel Items
● Employment Request of Stepanie Netz, Instructional Paraprofessional
● Employment Request of Roger Andres, Special Education Paraprofessional
● Employment Request of Peggy Erickson, Health Paraprofessional
● Employment Request of Stephanie Stutz, Food Service Worker
● Employment Request of Joy Austin, Bus Aide
● Employment Request of Jeremy Frahm, Route Driver
● Employment Request of Kevin Mork, Type III Van Driver
● Employment Request of Nancy Kruse, Building Custodian
● Employment Request of Robert Olson, Building Custodian
● Employment Request of Randy Towle, Route Driver
● Employment Request of Dale Pancake, District Technician
● Resignation of Roger Andres, Building Custodian
● Resignation of Jackie Farley, Bus Aide
● Resignation of Christine Sand, Food Service Clerk
● Resignation of Valerie Brown, Special Education Paraprofessional
● Resignation of Paige Nelson, Jr High Track Coach
● Resignation of Hannah Strelow, Jr High Girls Basketball & Softball Coach
● Resignation of Roxy Anderson, Assistant Track Coach
● Resignation of Tim Peterson, Mustang Express Reporter
● Reassignment of Terri Rappl, Instructional Paraprofessional
● Reassignment of Shari Hartog, Special Education Paraprofessional
g. Gifts/Donations Report – August
● Tom Wenner Horace Mann Agency$1,595.00 In kind Contribution of an adaptive trike
●US Tennis Assn - Grow the game$250.00 Community Ed Tennis program
● Lloyd Erickson $3,500.00 Turf Field
● Brian Olson $50.00 Turf Field
● Dan & Kristine Voce $500.00 Turf Field
● Chuck & Jolene Masloski$10,000.00 Turf Field
● Lynette Nowlan $100.00 Turf Field
● Patt Pittman $100.00 Turf Field
● Booster Club $3,944.48 Softball Irrigation
The motion to approve the consent agenda as amended passed unanimously. Member Moe acknowledged and accepted the gifts and donations.
Superintendent Voce led discussion on the proposed levy and certification to the maximum for 2021 taxes payable in 2022. Member Woods moved to approve the proposed levy and certification to the maximum amount of $5,954,163.13 of 2021 taxes payable in 2022 as presented; Member Jensen duly seconded. No further discussion was held. The motion passed unanimously.
Superintendent Voce led discussion of the ELearning Day Plan for weather related cancellations. Discussion was held. Member Heggernes motioned to approve the ELearning Day Plans as presented. Member Hallin seconded the motion. No further discussion was held. The motion passed unanimously.
Superintendent Voce led discussion regarding the first reading of the following policies: #102 Equal Education Opportunity, #401 Equal Employment Opportunity, #406 Public and Private Personnel Data, #406F Employee Authorization for Release of Information Form, and #419 Tobacco-Free Environment.
The second reading of the following school district policies was held: #450 Employee Use of Social Media.
The final approval of the following school district policies was recommended: #101.1 Memorials and Naming of School Facilities, #524F Internet Use Agreement Form. Member Woods motioned final approval of the school district policies. Member Bohachek duly seconded. No further discussion was held. The motion passed unanimously.
Member Moe acknowledged staff contract negotiations for Board Member reports. The Student Board report was presented by Student Council Representative Eva Holmgren. Administrative updates and reports were presented. The full administrative updates and reports are available in the District Office.
Upcoming meetings and important dates were reviewed.
Correspondence was reviewed.
No other business came before the Board.
Public comments were made by the following individuals during the first open forum: Shane Rumphol, Mora, MN; Kelly Fischer, Mora, MN; Kris and Ashley Malecha, Mora, MN; Cassie Murphy, Ogilvie, MN; and Robin Roderick.
A motion to adjourn was made by Member Woods, and seconded by Member Bohachek. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 7:57 p.m.
Scott Moe, Board Chair
Tammy Bohachek, Clerk
Published in the Kanabec County Times Nov. 11, 2021